Honda Center Entry Enhancements
All entry doors at Honda Center are outfitted with new state-of-the-art walk-through metal detection systems where fans will be screened prior to entry. This league-wide initiative aims to strengthen and standardize security practices, as well as ensure that the safety of our guests is a top priority.
In order to increase the efficiency of this important and necessary process, fans are encouraged to keep the following in mind before they arrive at the arena entrance:
- Minimize the number of personal items you bring.
- Remove from your clothing and belongings all items that may trigger an alarm prior to being screened.
- Security screeners will have plastic bins into which those items can be placed while walking through detectors.
- If the alarm sounds, you will be subject to a secondary screening which may slow your entry into the arena.
- NHL games have a No Bag Policy in effect. Click here for the complete No Bag Policy.
In an effort to continue the highest level of safety and security, Honda Center is enforcing a “no re-entry” policy for all ticketed events. Once a guest who has had their ticket scanned for entry leaves the arena, they will not be permitted to return using the same ticket. For emergency situations, please contact a Security or Guest Services Manager.
More Arena Info
Frequently Asked Questions
All fans will walk through a metal detector prior to entrance. If the alarm sounds, you will be subject to a secondary screening which may slow your entry into the arena. Only wallets 4 in. x 5 in. or smaller are permitted through all entrances. Guests who require bag/purse larger than 4 in. x 5 in., including child-care and medically-related bags, are required to go through X-Ray screening located at the North entrance or the TCL Entrance (max size 16in. x 12in. x 12 in.). All other entrances are No Bag entrances.
No outside food or beverage is allowed in the facility during an event.
Video, audio, and cameras with lenses longer than six inches are prohibited inside the arena. Detachable lenses, regardless of size, are not permitted. The camera policy is subject to change dependent upon the event promoters’ requirements for each event. Binoculars are allowed. Camera bags, selfie sticks, and GoPro cameras are not allowed.
Honda Center is making every effort to ensure that our enhanced security does not slow down the process of getting into the arena. However, guests may experience slight delays during this transitionary period. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we implement these changes. To avoid delays and increase the efficiency of this process, we strongly encourage guests to follow the above guidelines and arrive early.
We ask that guests leave any prohibited items in their vehicles before entering the venue.
All fans entering Honda Center must go through a metal detector.
Fans will not have to remove their belts, shoes and jackets. Our new state-of-the-art walk-through metal detection systems are able to account for certain personal belongings and will not trigger the alarm.
Fans entering the venue without bags or utilizing a transparent bag will have expedited entry through a designated and dedicated line at each main entrance to the venue (North, East & TCL Entry Doors).
Our metal detectors are wide enough to allow easy entrance into the venue. However, wheelchairs will likely trigger an alarm. If the alarm is triggered, the guest will be checked with a metal detector wand.
If a medical device sets off an alarm, the guest will be checked with a metal detector wand. Our metal detectors will not have any adverse effect on medical devices, e.g. pacemakers, joint replacements, oxygen tanks, etc.
(Listed but not limited to)
- Weapons – guns – firearms – ammunition
- Self Defense Sprays – Mace – pepper spray
- Fuels – torches – lighter fluid
- Knives – brass knuckles – billy clubs – black jacks – kubatons
- Martial Arts Weapons – night sticks – nunchucks – stun guns/tasers
- Razor Type Blades – box cutters – razor blades – scissors
- Alcohol and illegal drugs
- Outside food and beverages (exceptions may be made for medical reasons or baby food)
- Animal (unless a service animal)
- Bottles, cans or coolers
- Sealed or wrapped packages of any kind
- Aerosol cans, drums or other noisemaking devices
- Confetti, streamers, beach balls, glow sticks or balloons
- Drones (UAS-Unmanned Aircraft Systems) or other model aircraft
- Laser pointing devices
- Selfie Sticks or telescopic devices
- Laptops, backpacks, briefcases and large bags (maximum size allowed 12” x 12” x 12"). Tablets are not allowed at concert events.
- Hazardous items – chemicals – paints – thinners
- Any other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by NHL or arena personnel, in their sole discretion
- Inappropriate clothing – gang attire – clothing with derogatory or obscene language that could be considered offensive to other guests
- Strollers. The only exception to this policy is if the guest has a ticket to a suite. In this case, the guest must take the stroller through the South/East, North/East, or South/West private entrance. Upon entry, the stroller must be folded up and carried to the suite.