Honda Center Entry Enhancements
All entry doors at Honda Center are outfitted with new state-of-the-art walk-through metal detection systems where fans will be screened prior to entry. This league-wide initiative aims to strengthen and standardize security practices, as well as ensure that the safety of our guests is a top priority.
In order to increase the efficiency of this important and necessary process, fans are encouraged to keep the following in mind before they arrive at the arena entrance:
- Minimize the number of personal items you bring.
- Remove from your clothing and belongings all items that may trigger an alarm prior to being screened.
- Security screeners will have plastic bins into which those items can be placed while walking through detectors.
- If the alarm sounds, you will be subject to a secondary screening which may slow your entry into the arena.
- Click here for the complete No Bag Policy.
In an effort to continue the highest level of safety and security, Honda Center is enforcing a “no re-entry” policy for all ticketed events. Once a guest who has had their ticket scanned for entry leaves the arena, they will not be permitted to return using the same ticket. For emergency situations, please contact a Security or Guest Services Manager.
More Arena Info
Frequently Asked Questions
All fans will walk through a metal detector prior to entrance. If the alarm sounds, you will be subject to a secondary screening which may slow your entry into the arena.
Single pocket clutches and wallets smaller than 5 in. x 9 in. x 2 in. are permitted through all entrances and are subject to manual inspection. All other purses/bags/clutches will not be permitted into the venue. Honda Center does not offer a bag check.
Guests who require a diaper bag or purse/bag for items medical in nature, such as prescription medication, breast pumps, and other special medical equipment, are permitted as long as they are within 12 in. x 12 in. x 12 in. These medical and diaper bags are required to go through additional screening and inspection.
Honda Center reserves the right to amend or make changes to this policy at any time.
No outside food or beverage is allowed in the facility during an event.
(Listed but not limited to)
- Laptops, tablets (non-sporting events only), backpacks, briefcases, wrapped gifts, coolers, weapons, drums (and other noise-making devices), laser pointers, or Hoverboards.
- Confetti, streamers, beach balls, glow sticks or balloons
- Wallet chains
- Gang attire of any kind
- Illegal drugs of any kind
- Booster seats
- Cowbells are allowed into the building for hockey games only.
- No outside food or beverages allowed into venue, including water bottles/containers (filled or empty). Exceptions may be made for medical reasons or baby food.
- Strollers. The only exception to this policy is if the guest has a ticket to a suite. In this case, the guest must take the stroller through the South/East, North/East, or South/West private entrance. Upon entry, the stroller must be folded up and carried to the suite.
- Weapons – Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the arena. Weapons include, but are not limited to: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, etc.
- The distribution of promotional items, flyers, handbills and/or printed materials is not permitted without written permission of the Honda Center. In addition, vending, peddling or product sampling is not allowed.
- Clothing that has derogatory or obscene language that could be considered offensive to other guests.
- Reusable straws made from glass or metal are not permitted.
- Camera equipment including selfie sticks, camera mounts, gimbals, stabilizers, tripods, monopods, microphones, and other external equipment are not permitted.
- For approved bag policy, click here.
- Please note: There is no check-in area for prohibited items.
Video, audio, and cameras with lenses longer than six inches are prohibited inside the arena. Detachable lenses, regardless of size, are not permitted. The camera policy is subject to change dependent upon the event promoters’ requirements for each event. Binoculars are allowed. Camera bags, selfie sticks, and GoPro cameras are not allowed.
Honda Center is making every effort to ensure that our enhanced security does not slow down the process of getting into the arena. However, guests may experience slight delays during this transitionary period. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we implement these changes. To avoid delays and increase the efficiency of this process, we strongly encourage guests to follow the above guidelines and arrive early.
We ask that guests leave any prohibited items in their vehicles before entering the venue. Any prohibited items confiscated upon entry will not be returned to guest.
All fans entering Honda Center must go through a metal detector.
Fans will not have to remove their belts, shoes and jackets. Our new state-of-the-art walk-through metal detection systems are able to account for certain personal belongings and will not trigger the alarm.
Fans entering the venue without bags will have expedited entry through all main entrances to the venue. Guests with bags and purses must go through X-Ray screening at the North Entrance or TCL Entrance.
Our metal detectors are wide enough to allow easy entrance into the venue. However, wheelchairs will likely trigger an alarm. If the alarm is triggered, the guest will be checked with a metal detector wand.
If a medical device sets off an alarm, the guest will be checked with a metal detector wand. Our metal detectors will not have any adverse effect on medical devices, e.g. pacemakers, joint replacements, oxygen tanks, etc.